TLDR; Just show me the code!
You can also learn Proto.Actor by doing the Proto.Actor Bootcamp!
- What is an Actor?
- What is a Message?
- Terminology, Concepts
- Supervision and Monitoring
- Actor lifecycle
- Location Transparency
- Message Delivery Reliability
Actor - What are actors?
- Props - How do I configure actors?
- Spawning Actors - How do I instantiate actors?
- PID - How do I communicate with actors?
- Context - What are actor and root contexts?
- Mailboxes - How does the actor process messages?
- Deadletter - What happens to lost messages?
- Router - How do I forward messages to to pools or groups of workers?
- Eventstream - How are infrastructure events managed?
- Behaviors - How do I build state machines with actors?
- Middleware - How do I intercept or observe messages between actors?
- Receive Timeout - How do I trigger code when actors go idle?
- Persistence - How do I persist state for actors?
- Remote - How do I communicate with actors on other nodes?
- Cluster - How do I build clusters of actor nodes?
- SimpleScheduler - How do I send messages on a timer?